As a southern born girl I hate the cold but love the fall and winter accessories. Living in New York City the past few years I’ve learned the value of a good coat! Having both style and functionality is KEY. You want something that will keep you warm in the various parts of Fall and Winter (light jacket, medium jacket, and walking sleeping bag jacket is how I like to think of it). But since your outfit is covered up by a coat most of the day, you also want it to be cute! No matter where you live, you’ll probably end up wearing a coat for at least a little bit during the year, so it might as well be something you love. This year the leather moto jacket was a super big trend (I myself went out and bought this leather jacket from Shopbop during their last sale). In addition to the leather jacket, bombers, trench, oversized, and even blazers were also popular. I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite in each style to share with you. Keep reading to see my picks for this season’s jacket trends!
Leather jackets: Leather “moto” style jackets are a big trend this year for girls and GUYS. Dress the look down with jeans or up with a nice shirt and scarf. Which ever look you decide, these five jackets make the cut.
1. BLK DNM Leather Jacket 1
2. Vince Asymmetric Colorblock Leather Jacket
3. Rag & Bone/JEAN Chrystie Leather Jacket
4. IRO Jone Leather Jacket
5. Saint Laurent Leather Biker Jacket
Bomber Jackets: Bomber jackets are making a comeback this season, especially for men! These five jackets are great for guys, and girlfriend approved.
1. Moncler Delabost Quilted Bomber Jacket, Blue
2. Acne Studios Olive Green Selo Bomber Jacket
3. Calvin Klein Full-Zip Ripstop Bomber Jacket
4. Alpha Industries X UO Slim-Fit MA-1 Bomber Jacket
5. Canada Goose Borden Bomber Jacket with Fur-Lined Hood, Black
Trench and Pea Coats: Trench and pea coats are a staple trend for men and women. Try mixing it up this season by wearing a colored coat. You can opt for another neutral like tan or navy that will go with everything like black but will add a touch of style.
1. A.P.C. Graphique Pea Coat
2. Calvin Klein Double-Breasted Belted Pea Coat
3. Billy Reid Wool Peak Lapel Pea Coat
4. Burberry Brit Dillsmead Military Wool-Blend Pea Coat, Camel
5. Minty Meets Munt Neo Trench Coat
6. MICHAEL Michael Kors Beverly Cotton-Blend Trench Coat
Cape and Oversize Coats: Possibly the biggest coat trend of the season is the cape. Bloggers have been wearing these all over instagram since before the leaves even turned colors! I myself don’t have one yet but love “faking the look” by wearing my jacket over my shoulders.
1. Factory Rayanne Cape Coat
2. Chloé Melton Cape Coat-Colorless
3. MILLY Funnel Neck Cape Coat
4. Viktoria + Woods Captive Belted Cape Coat
5. Gareth Pugh Black Wool Double-Breasted Cape Coat
6. Chloe Double-Breasted Cape Coat, Gray
Check out all 22 of my picks below:
Comment below and let me know which jacket trend of the season is your favorite?