If I had to choose one thing that defines beauty, it’s the eyes. They’re the most intimate and intriguing part of our features, and there are lots of ways to make an impact. You can create dark, alluring eyes to give yourself a hint of mystery. Or you can go for the traditional feline look, with wide, beautiful eyes. There are so many options here, but one thing’s for sure. It’s the most important part of your makeup routine!
Don’t worry about the color of your eyes. No matter what color you are blessed with, you can make them work. Use that natural color and make it work for you! If they’re deep and blue, capture that, and maximize it! If they’re dark brown or green, use it to create a sultry look. It’s the eyes that really capture people’s attention. In this post, I’ll show you the best tricks for making the most of your eyes.
- Ice and cucumber – Nope, we’re not making cocktails (at least, not yet). Beautiful eyes all starts with good skin care. In fact, I should really start by reminding you to drink plenty of water, and moisturizing daily. It will keep the dark circles away from your eyes, and give them a natural gleam and sparkle. You can go one step further, and reduce the puffiness. Leaving cucumber slices over your eyes helps revitalize the skin. It also helps lighten dark areas, and improve your complexion. A good alternative that combines both ice and cucumber benefits is the cucumber detox from Peter Thomas Roth. You keep them frozen in the freezer so when you put it on in the morning the ice helps reduce the puffiness of early-morning eyes.
- Lashes – I’ve been wearing fake eyelashes for years. But recently, I’ve been trying to focus on growing my natural lashes, and creating a more naturally beautiful look. There are lots of tricks to help grow the length and thickness of your natural lashes. For example, when applying mascara, first do a coat of lengthening mascara then do a second coat with a volumizing mascara. Doing this combo really helps to give life to your lashes!
- Eyeliner tricks – The most effective trick is using a lighter color on the bottom to match the darker liner on top. Putting a pop of white eyeliner on the bottom helps eyes to look more “awake” and brighter. Some eyeliners now come with dual ends that makes it even easier to do, like this one from Urban Decay.
- Colored lenses – All natural eye colors are beautiful, but sometimes, it’s fun to experiment! You can give yourself a subtle enhancement with some of the more natural style colored contacts that are available now. If you prefer a totally different look, you can try one of the more obvious colored contacts like Juicy Contacts, and see a completely new you.
- Jewel tone eyeshadow – A lot of girls tell me they tend to go easy on the eye shadow. Too much makes the eyes look dark and tired. But, you don’t always have to choose the dark blacks and greys. Try a jewel or golden tone instead. They’re usually a warm neutral shade, which will soften the eyes, and remove the feeling of dark shadows.
Shop the post:
Feel free to try one or all of these tips at the same time. Comment below and let me know if you have any tips for more alluring eyes.