If you keep up with beauty trends then you know face oils are all the rage right now. I’ve used other Nuance by Salma Hayek products before and had been wanting to try face oils so I was super excited when I got the opportunity to try this product.
Product Description: This is a multipurpose facial oil that helps restore your skin’s natural softness while conditioning and protecting its appearance.
Packaging: Simple yet unique. The squeeze dropper makes it very easy to control the amount of product you are applying. Definitely more effective than the standard squeeze bottle of oil.
Experience: When I received this product in the mail, I couldn’t have been more excited to try it. After watching several shows from Fashion Week, I noticed one major beauty trend: naturally flawless and glowing skin. As wonderful as it looks, it can be extremely hard to achieve. I was hoping this product would help rejuvenate my skin, and give it a natural healthy glow – and it did just that! To say that I am obsessed, would be an understatement. I absolutely loved how lightweight the oil was, while still being extremely moisturizing to the skin. The best part was how quickly the oil absorbed into the skin, leaving me free from that slick greasy feeling I hate oh-so much. I applied the product twice daily as needed. Typically this was once in the morning and once at night. To be honest, I could’ve probably gotten away with applying it just once a day, but i couldn’t get enough of it. With that being said, a little goes a very long way. Another aspect I really enjoyed was the scent. This oil had a wonderfully neutral scent that didn’t smell artificial at all. The blend of Jojoba oil, Calendula, Rosemary Extracts, and Vitamin E oil create a well balances facial moisturizer.
Price: $21.99 for 1 fl oz. Available at CVS
Rating: 5/5. I absolutely love what this product did for my skin! I would recommend it for all skin types as well ( just adjust the frequency of application to suit your skin type).
*This product was sent to me however all opinions are my own.
The Makeup Show is returning to New York City once again to bring the largest pro-driven beauty industry event on May 3-4. The Makeup Show brings two-days full of inspiration, education and an opportunity for fashion and beauty professionals at all levels of their career to come together with some of the best brands and biggest names in the business. This year The Makeup Show is officially a decade-strong, and to commemorating this exciting milestone they are partnering with ten beauty brands, including: Auraline Beauty, INGLOT, Crown Brush, I Make You Beautiful, Glamcor Tec, London Brush Company, Pinnacle Cosmetics, MAKE UP FOR EVER, Mehron and TEMPTU. The brands will create ten exclusive products, each with an individual nod to one of The Makeup Show’s defining concepts. Keep reading to learn more about the ten exclusive products that will be at the event and the brands behind them.
This spring “no makeup makeup” may be on trend, but when it comes to lips it’s all about full and colorful. From orange to nude.. there are tons of colors to choose from but one of the biggest trends is plum. We know plum aka marsala is the color of the year so it makes sense that it would be one of the most popular lip colors as well. Usually this color is saved for the colder months but this year it’s a big hit for spring. Plum is the perfect color to try this season because it’s flattering for every skin tone, super versatile, and can be worn day or night. Ready to take the plum plunge? Keep reading to see my favorite plum lippie colors.
- Make up Forever’s Instance Color Lipstick in Pearly Dark Violet (Even Khloe Kardashian rocks this highly pigmented and long lasting lipstick!)
- Mac Satin Lipstick Rebel
- Stila’s Stay All Day Vinyl Lip Gloss in Berry Wine
As an avid coffee and tea consumer (to the point baristas near my home know me by name) I am sad to admit that my teeth aren’t as white as they use to be. I do not want to spend the money it takes to whiten my teeth professionally, and I’m not willing to give up the caffeine (not yet anyways!) so I’ve been desperately trying to find cheaper alternatives. I’ve tried some over the counter whitening aids with mixed results. So instead I decided to go back to the basics and do some DIY. After searching for hours I found three very inexpensive and simple ways to whiten teeth at home. If you’re anything like me (I’m all about the DIY) then keep reading to find three simple and cheap ways to whiten your teeth at home!
- Baking Soda I’ve Got Baking Soda: Ok people, just because it’s an old idea doesn’t mean it won’t do the trick. This remedy I learned from my mom and my grandmother who have both been whitening their teeth like this for years. All you need to do is mix 2 tablespoons peroxide with baking soda until they begin to form a paste. Add this to a damp toothbrush and gently brush your teeth for about 2 minutes. Be careful to avoid your gums, otherwise your will be whitening those too! Rinse your toothbrush well and then brush your teeth with your clean toothbrush for an additional 2 minutes. Lastly, rinse your mouth out with warm water and then follow with mouthwash. Smile and reveal visibly whiter teeth! *Important tip with this remedy: Do not use the same toothbrush that you use every day. This remedy should only be used about 2 or 3 times per month.
- Apples Keep the Dentist Away?: For this super simple at home treatment all you need is about a capful of apple cider vinegar and a toothbrush, again be sure not to use your toothbrush that you are using every day. Dip your toothbrush into the vinegar and brush your teeth for about 2 minutes. Rinse your toothbrush and then brush them again for another minute and then rinse your mouth with warm water. Follow with a quick rinse of mouthwash and you’re all set! Remember to only use this remedy once a week so you don’t ruin the enamel on your teeth.
- Go Bananas!: My final and favorite DIY teeth whitening trick is one that your friends will absolutely not believe when you tell them how your teeth are so perfectly white. Take the inside of a banana peel and rub it along all of your teeth and then follow with your normal brushing routine. And that’s it! (I promise!) Since this remedy is all natural, feel free to use it every day.
These remedies will give you movie star white teeth at a fraction of the price. Leave a comment below or tag #FancyFrancy in a photo on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter showing us how well these tips worked for you!
Do you have any at home DIY tricks for teeth whitening?
Image Sources: 1/2/3/4
I’m a big fan of the healthy angelic natural glow look (and honestly who isn’t?) so I’m always open to trying new products that promise to deliver just that. So when I recently took a trip to Sephora to purchase a new face moisturizer, I couldn’t help but be intrigued by the new (or maybe just newish) Step 1 Face Primers from Makeup Forever. MUFE is one of my favorite makeup brands and has been for a while so I was willing to take a gamble on one of their new primers without reading any reviews. The Step 1 Skin Equalizer is available in 10 formulas to target various texture and tone concerns such as shine, texture, hydration, color correction, and tone. I decided to try the tone correcting Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer in Caramel. The Radiant Primer in Caramel is supposed to add radiance to dark skin.
Packaging: The product comes in a slender squeezable tube (not unlike many other products).
Application: As I always do with primers, I applied it to a clean bare face after completing my morning skincare routine and before applying any makeup. I was slightly caught off guard by how reddish the color of the product was even outside of the tube, but figured it would all oxidize or something once I applied it to my face. After applying it all over my face I immediately noticed that my natural completion was replaced with a more “umpa lumpa” shade of brown. I resisted the urge to apply another more yellow/golden primer on top to correct it and instead headed out the door, convinced it would sort its self out (note I didn’t apply any foundation on top because I was worried that all the ones I have would only make the “redness” worse).
Product Name: Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15
Product Description: Oil-Control Mattifier reduces shine on contact and is clinically proven to control oil for up to eight hours while effectively reducing breakouts. It immediately mattifies, regulating oil throughout the day, and prevents sun damage by delivering powerful UVA/UVB sun protection.
Packaging: Comes in a squeeze tube bottle
Application: I usually apply this product all over my face in the morning after washing and allowing a few minutes for any serum that I may have used to soak in. The product is thick since it has SPF so it has to be worked into the skin. I notice when I first apply it, it can appear white/ashy but once it soaks in, your skin looks normal again.
Scent/Fragrance: This product has no noticeable fragrance which I actually love. Sometimes I can be particular about the fragrances I put on my face so I’d rather have none at all than one that’s overwhelming.
Price: $39.50 a little pricey but comparable in price to other similar products.
Results: This is the best oil control lotion I’ve used hands down. The additional mattfying properties make all the difference between this product and other oil control lotions I’ve previously tried. I really like the fact that it also contains SPF, which can be hard to find in a face lotion. I noticed that I don’t need an additional mattfying primer anymore with this product for under my makeup. This lotion on its own actually does the trick. I would not recommend combining any additional mattfying product with this (unless your skin is very oily) because it could make your face appear dry.
Final Rating: 4 stars. So far no complaints except for the price which is a bit hefty for the amount given. Hopefully my satisfaction doesn’t change after longer use and hotter weather.
Have you tried it? What did you think?
Like what you read? Follow Fancy Francy on RSS and Bloglovin so you don’t miss a post!!
Want more Fancy Francy? Be sure to follow on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest
also shared here
Tat’z Nail’z image system is the newest technology trend in the nail industry and is now available for use in Ricky’s Beauty Supply. In just seconds, Tat’z Nail’z can print any image, design, or logo on any artificial or natural fingernail. Accompanied by preparation and top coat application, a set of Tat’z Nail’z can be fully completed within fifteen minutes. Each Tat’z Nail’z System is pre-programmed with 300 designs and each design has 10 color options for a total of 3,000 pre-installed prints, patterns, and colors. Each Tat’z Nail’z image system is also installed with a built-in camera so that users can capture moments and transfer them into wearable art. Tat’z Nail’z allows consumers to print their own digital images on their nails, for personalized style that can keep up with the trends.
The process of using Tat’z Nail’z™ is simple and takes just a few steps, beginning with the application of a base coat and pre-print lacquer available from Tat’z Nail’z™ in order to protect the nail’s surface. Next, one finger is placed inside the machine, a design is chosen and printed and a top coat of your choice applied. (more…)
Now before you go running to clean out your entire fridge, remember that every skin type is different and we each have our own individuality. We all have different triggers when it comes to how our skin is affected by what we consume but there are some foods that are very common no matter your bio makeup.
Dairy: Dairy is not only filled with hormones, but sugar too (that is if you’re drinking low fat or no-fat milk). In a cup of fat/no-fat milk, there is a mammoth 12 grams of sugar. Yes, milk does have essential vitamins such as A and D but without the fats to balance it out, you’re left with a sugary mess that could leave your skin in a not so fun place.
Sugar: If you looked up acne in the dictionary, the word refined sugar should come right up next to it. Refined sugar is one of acne’s major triggers as it causes the insulin level in your body to rise which leads to inflammation in your system. Let’s take chocolate for an example. I’m sure you’ve heard someone moan and groan about how they can’t eat chocolate because they’ll break out (maybe that’s you?) but regardless, it’s true. It’s not all bad news, though! If you can’t kick your chocolate obsession to the curb, make it dark! Dark chocolate has lower sugar and is higher in antioxidants. I guess you can have your chocolate and eat it too!
Peanuts: Uh-Oh..this one’s a killer for me! In this sneaky little legume, there is a hormone by the name of androgen that irritates your skin follicles by increasing sebum production which then causes breakouts. Ugh, right?! I know. Peanut oil can also become a nightmare for your acne prone skin. Potato chips are a breeding ground for peanut oil, so beware!
For acne to form, it takes around one to three months to finally appear so try cutting something out of your diet for a month and notice the change! Happy eating and be sure to drink lots of water!
Image Source: 1
Alright, honesty time people. One of my biggest frustrations with my makeup routine is when I spend lots of time applying lipstick, only to look in the mirror a few hours later and realize that is has faded, feathered or just doesn’t look perfect anymore. After months of being fed up with this issue, I decided to do some research and of course ran to Sephora in search of a remedy to my problem. Thankfully I found some amazing tips that are simple and can easily be added to your daily makeup routine. Keep reading to learn my tips and tricks to make your lipstick last through dinner, drinks and everything else in between!
- Start with smooth, supple lips. Anytime you start your lipstick routine you want to make sure there is no dead skin hanging around or that your lips are cracked or chapped. Start off by applying a lip primer like MAC’s Prep + Prime to get lips in perfect condition. Another odd but simple trick to remedy this is to take a soft bristle toothbrush and gentle buff off any dead skin you may have. After your lips are buffed and beautiful, apply a light layer of your favorite moisturizing lip balm.
- Concealer, for your lips? No need for a double take, I said concealer and I definitely swear by this step. I recommend applying a thin layer of cream concealer to your lips. The concealer will act as a primer and also cancels out the natural color of your lips so the true color of your lipstick can shine through. Allow the concealer a moment to set and then you’re ready for all the ever-important lip liner.
- Lining your lips. The next step is to apply your lip liner. Choose a shade that pairs well with your lipstick of choice and line your little hearts out! Now, if you’re a little out of practice with lip liner like I am, try a colorless clear liner like Sephora’s Universal Lip Liner. The universal lip liner is a clear wax pencil you apply just like any other lip liner, but since it goes on clear you don’t have to worry if you make mistakes! My mouth literally dropped after the makeup artist at Sephora introduced me to this product.
- Add color and blot. The last step is to apply your lipstick of choice and then simply take a tissue and blot to remove any excess color. If you really want to see long lasting color from your lipstick, splurge a little and invest in a quality brand known for long lasting lipstick like Stila’s Stay all Day Liquid Lipstick.
Now that your lipstick is all set to take on the day, you can rest easy when you pucker up for your selfies that your lipstick is perfectly on
Leave a comment below and let us know how these tips and tricks worked for you!
Image source: 1