Dove REFRESH+care Volume Dry Shampoo– Dry Shampoos are a hair’s best friend, right? At least I think so! I’ve just recently gotten into dry shampoo and (more…)
Archive of ‘Beauty’ category
Bigger is better, right? For NYX’s Jumbo Eye Pencils, that’s definitely true. If you haven’t tried these sticks of glory, you’re missing out! Although all the shades are amazingly jaw-dropping, I’ll be talking about all the ways you can use the jumbo eye pencil in Milk. Using a white eye pencil? Yes, using a white eye pencil. (more…)
Motions Celebrity Stylist Ursula Stephen created a simple sleek look for Rihanna this past Sunday as she graced the Red Carpet. Ursula was inspired to create a look that was clean and simple to accompany Rihanna’s sleek suit. Steal Rihanna’s style with these step by step instructions from celebrity Stylist Ursula herself.
- Start with clean, air dried hair
- Flat iron medium sections of hair from root to half-way down the hair shaft, focusing on the edges. Wrap a small piece of hair around the base of the ponytail to disguise the elastic
- Gather hair into a pony tail and secure with an elastic band. Tame flyaways with a light hold spritz and a brush
- Finish with Motions Light Hold Working Spritz for hold and Motions Indulgent Oil Spray for shine
Foundation may be concealer’s more popular sister (think Beyonce to Solange) but concealer is equally (if not MORE) important. Two weeks ago a friend of mine was in town visiting
and rummaging through my makeup when she asked me what exactly is concealer? I was a little shocked (not to mention a bit sad since I swear by my concealer) but it made me realize that most people might be wondering the same thing. For a while now I’ve been wanting do a series that breaks down the nuts and bolts of makeup. So I decided to kick of my beauty school series (affectionately nicknamed “slay school”) talking all about concealers today. Keep reading to learn what they do, the types, and my favorite holy grail ones.
A smokey eye. Sexy, flirty, fun, and definitely the center of attention. A smokey eye can be difficult if you make it to be, but with the right application techniques and hints, you’ll be the one smoking with all eyes all on you! This is my go to smokey eye look and here are a few tips to get you on the road to smokey success! (more…)
If I ever needed a reason to go out and buy more makeup, creating a few fun new looks for the summer season is definitely a good one! Summer colors are so much fun to have in your makeup bag and it only takes a few products to create the perfect summer look. So, here are a few quick tips on how to update your makeup bag for the summer season.
- Invest in the SPF: I will always, always, always recommend using products with SPF in them, especially in the summer. My first pick for updating your summer look would be a BB cream with SPF in it. BB creams are much lighter than other types of foundation and have many other benefits including essential anti-oxidants and helping to keep skin healthy and beautiful. If you’re going out and buying your first BB cream ever, I recommend the Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, for only $34. This product provides great coverage in the summer without feeling too heavy. Most days I will only need to use this product and some lipstick and I’m ready for the day. Definitely a great product to start your summer season update.
- Get Glowing: To achieve the most incredible summer glow I have a few product ideas that are sure to be crowd pleasers this season. The first is the Hoola Bronzing Powder by Benefit for only $26. Lately, I have been having a fantastic obsession with Benefit products and their Hoola bronzer is easily the best bronzer I have tried in a very long time. This product adds just the perfect amount of color to your cheeks and great for someone who is just learning how to contour.
- Pretty in Pink Cheeks: Summer is the season when I really love to experiment with my blushes and liven up my cheeks. Whenever I use the Crush on Blush Palette by Smashbox I get so many compliments because this palette is summer perfection. The colors are perfect for someone like me who loves to switch up their look a lot. This palette includes gorgeous orange and coral colors that really enhance your bronzer. This product is a must-have at only $45, but it is a limited edition so head to the store fast and pick one up before they are gone!
- Alluring Lips: To get the perfect lip to finish off any look is totally simple this summer. Head over to your local drugstore and pick up any of the Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks. These shades are made to last through dinner, drinks and days at the beach without feathering or smearing out. Although all these colors are amazing, for your new summer look I recommend trying either Gladiolus or Marigold for only $8 a tube. Crazy, I know.
With these easy additions to your summer makeup routine you are sure to impress all season long. Let us know if you liked these products by leaving a comment below! Have a great summer!
As a lover of all things DIY and lip products, I decided to tackle the idea of making my own tinted lip balm at home! After doing some research I found that I could be saving myself over $30 by taking a few minutes and creating my own lip products. This is one of the simplest (and most fun!) DIY projects I have done so here are my tips for creating your own signature shade of tinted lip balm at home!
What you will need:
- Microwave safe bowl
- Petroleum jelly
- Your choice of food coloring
- A small container for your finished product
Mascara. It’s the number one game changer in your makeup look. A made up face is just not complete with short, sparse, dull eyelashes, is it? A great mascara volumizes, lengthens, and curls your lashes so as a self proclaimed mascara
freak queen, here are my top 5 best drugstore mascara’s in no particular order. (more…)
1 2 3 … 16 Next