Between the holiday season nuptials and Valentine’s day around the corner, it seems that social media starts to buzz with wedding news every February. Last year we shared the top bridal trends for 2014 and this year we’re sharing even more!
To get the skinny on wedding season early, we decided to ask the experts. We interviewed Sathya and Heather, the bridal geniuses behind the wedding suite site Lakum to find out their favorite upcoming trends. Keep reading to see their favorite bridal trends for 2015.
1. Black and White: We love the pairing of black and white in bridal. For the daring bride, try pairing a gorgeous black and white gown with a stark white bouquet for contrast.
2. Tea Length Gowns: This year it’s all about tea length gowns. In the past long flowing gowns were the rule but now bride’s are turning to beautiful ankle baring looks. We love this look because it allows the bride to show off her excellent taste in shoes. Get the look by pairing a simple gown with a strong sexy designer pump.
3. Pops of color: This trend can be in the form of a fun print, trim, or even accessory.
4. Natural Beauty: Unlike years past, this year brides want to showcase their natural beauty. Get the look by opting for neutral tone makeup with a focus on healthy lush skin. Finish off the look with slightly messy, beautiful hair that isn’t overdone. Don’t be afraid to even wear your hair down, not all brides are designed for the updo!)
5. A Suite of Looks: A collection of looks in complimentary styles that make her the star of her own weekend. We love the idea of this because there’s nothing like having a change of looks during your special occasion!
Special thanks to Lakum founders Sathya and Heather for this interview. Lakum is a unique bridal site because they provide the bride to be with a whole suite of mix and match looks for their entire wedding weekend. Want to find out more? Check out their collection here.
Comment below and let me know what you think of these trends? Will you be in a wedding this year?
Like what you read? Follow Fancy Francy on RSS and Bloglovin so you don’t miss a post!!
Want more Fancy Francy? Be sure to follow on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest
* Image source 1 and 2