I’m not going to lie, lately I’ve been getting more into wearing natural looking false lashes (I blame the Kardashians for making me covet whatever brand they wear). Between falsies, eyelash extensions, and really good mascara — there are millions of ways to fake long luscious lashes. But nothing beats having real long full lashes. No matter how great I get at applying false lashes, I’ll never be ok with letting my real lashes get in bad shape. Even if you weren’t born with long lashes naturally, there are things you can do to help your lashes grow to their fullest potential.
1. Start From the Inside Out: Vitamin supplements such as Biotin work on more than just the hair on your head. Try incorporating a vitamin supplement designed for hair growth every day to your diet to help aid in healthy hair.
2. TLC: Between makeup application and removal, the eye area can get pretty mistreated. Show your lashes some love by taking the time to apply essential oils to your lashes after removing your makeup at night. Rubbing just a dab of castor oil to your lashes at night can help to condition and grow your lashes while you sleep.
3. See the Serums: If you’re really serious about growing your lashes then a serum designed to target your lashes specifically is a must. Try Rimmel Lash Accelerator Serum or splurge on Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For Turbo.
You can also diy an eyelash serum with the following recipe:
- 1/4 of the jar with Aloe Vera Gel – To Lengthen Lashes
- 1/4 of the jar with Castor Oil – To Thicken Lashes
- 1/2 of the jar with Vitamin E Oil – To Lengthen Lashes