The shift dress is a great look for spring and summer because it’s easy to wear and super versatile. Shift dresses look great on all body types and can be styled to fit any signature look. Pair it with a belt around the waist to accentuate your figure or let it hang loose for a easy breezy style. You can wear a shift dress for almost any occasion this season by finding the right fit and accessories. Keep reading to see three ways to go from work to weekend weddings and everything in between with this casual yet chic closet staple.
For Weekends: If you’re anything like me than you probably love to live in dresses during the warmer months. One of the most classic dress silhouettes is the shift dress. Opt for a shift dress in a fun print to wear out to weekend brunches and even a casual date night. One of my favorite weekend shift dresses is this one from Eliza J that I found at Nordstrom.
For Weddings: A shift dress is a perfect option for (more…)
As a lover of all things DIY and lip products, I decided to tackle the idea of making my own tinted lip balm at home! After doing some research I found that I could be saving myself over $30 by taking a few minutes and creating my own lip products. This is one of the simplest (and most fun!) DIY projects I have done so here are my tips for creating your own signature shade of tinted lip balm at home!
What you will need:
- Microwave safe bowl
- Petroleum jelly
- Your choice of food coloring
- A small container for your finished product
Mascara. It’s the number one game changer in your makeup look. A made up face is just not complete with short, sparse, dull eyelashes, is it? A great mascara volumizes, lengthens, and curls your lashes so as a self proclaimed mascara
freak queen, here are my top 5 best drugstore mascara’s in no particular order. (more…)
Okay let’s be real for a moment, how many of us really know the difference between all the types of facial cleansers? Foaming or liquid? Sensitive or dry skin? I can admit that I definitely had no clue! For the longest time I use to just grab whatever product looked good or had the best reviews
. It wasn’t until just recently that I learned from a skin care expert the best facial cleanser for each skin type. Below are some general tips by skin type to help you, asses your skin type first, then consider what type of cleanser is best for your skin type.
Oily Skin: Oily skin needs an oil-free cleansers formulated to help reduce the oil created through the skin’s sebum overtime. Recommend Cleanser Type: Exfoliating
Dry Skin: Dry skin needs a cleanser that will not only deeply remove dirt from the skin’s pores, but provide instant hydration. Recommend Cleanser Type: Cream/ Oil.
Combination: Combination skin is a mix of dry and oily prone skin so a general cleanser will work well for combination skin. Recommend Cleanser Type: Liquid/Gel
Sensitive: Sensitive skin requires a gentle facial cleanser, one with no alcohol, no harsh ingredients or additives like fragrance. Mild cleansers deliver the most nourishing benefit to skin. Recommend Cleanser Type: Foaming.
It may seem like every week there is a new nail trend to try, from naked manicures
to DIY designs
. One trend that’s been going pretty strong for a while though is Matte Nail Polish. Okay so you’re probably use to me talking about mattifying products for my face
, and yes the obsession has also found it’s way to my nails.
Matte – adjective; of a color, paint, or surface) dull and flat, without a shine.
Okay so from the definition that might not sound to hot, but trust me matte nail polish is actually pretty cool (you saw what I did there ;), corny I know). But seriously, matte nails are a great way to switch up your nail polish look for spring and summer. Zoya even came out with a line of satin matte nail polish
(think matte but even more fancy) in pretty pastels for the season. These are actually some of my favs because they’re a blend between a matte nail polish and a traditional polish.
Not sure if you want to fully commit to this trend? You can actually make any of your regular nail polishes look like a matte nail polish by using a mattifying top coat. Try this matte top coat from Essie
or this one from elf
Image Sources: Fancy.com and Beautylish.com
Stila has been really getting it right lately, especially with their new Aqua Glow Watercolor Blushes that will be forever in my makeup bag. To say I’m excited about these new blushes would be the understatement of the decade and I’m thrilled to share my thoughts about this fun new product.
The time has finally (seriously though, finally!) come to break out the bikinis and flip flops because summer has officially arrived. With all this sunshine and happiness going around, it’s time to spread a little happy to your bedroom. Giving your room a little summer makeover is always a good idea! We’re not talking complete overall, just a few easy tips to make your room feel a little more sunny.
1. First things first, you have to de-clutter. Go through all of your shelves, dressers and maybe even your closet and get rid of the things that are hiding in those nooks and crannies. Toss what you don’t need and pack away things that you will be saving for those rainy days. Another great tip is to use this time to dust and really clean anything you haven’t done for a while.
2. Now for the fun part, decorating! A very easy way to brighten up your room for the summer is to add a new set of brightly colored curtains. Choose a curtain that has sheer fabric and isn’t too heavy, and pick a fun color or pattern. These easy breezy add-ons can be easily found at Target or Bed Bath and Beyond.
3. Another fun way to give your bedroom new life this summer is to get rid of those heavy quilts and duvets and get yourself a new comforter. It’s amazing just how much this one piece changes a room. In addition to your new comforter, get some small throw pillows that match your new curtains. These little gems will help tie your entire room together! And, again, just head over to Target or Bed Bath and Beyond to find exactly what you’re looking for.
4. My last tip is to go out and buy your favorite flowers and put them in your room. Fresh flowers are sure to bring the happy! Keep your windows open and let the sun shine on your fabulous new room all summer long!
Let us know how these ideas worked for you by leaving a comment below. Hopefully, you will be enjoying your fresher and brighter room all season long. Happy summer!
Image Source: 1
Thank you to everyone who entered the giveaway. A winner has been randomly chosen and contacted. Please be on the look out for the next giveway coming later this month!
Like what you read? Follow Fancy Francy on RSS and Bloglovin so you don’t miss a post!!
Want more Fancy Francy? Be sure to follow on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest