For those of us who love to wear dresses it’s difficult to say good-bye for the whole winter. Luckily we don’t have to! I get asked all the time about this particular subject and over the years I’ve come up with a few tried and true tips! Keep reading to see my five tips on how to wear dresses in the winter.
1. Top or Bottom: As a rule of thumb when wearing dresses in the winter months, it’s best to find a dress with either long sleeves or a longer hemlines. By covering either your top or bottom, your dresses won’t look out-of-place in the chilly weather.
2. Layer Over. Layering doesn’t have to be boring. Get creative and try putting a sweater on top of your dress to get the look of a skirt and blouse. Not only will you be warmer but you’ll also get more “looks” out of your clothes. You can also try pairing your dress with a cute statement coat.
3. Layer Under: Tights are a must for wearing dresses in the winter. Don’t even attempt to wear a dress without them once the weather gets chilly.
4. Head and Shoulders: Increase your style while increasing your warmth by wearing a cute hat or scarf. This year wide brim hats and fur scarfs are a great touch to any outfit.
5. Knees to Toes: Knee length boots or socks go great on top of tights for extra warmth and style. Not only will you get the benefit of warm legs, but you’ll also be on trend.
And there you have it, five ways to keep wearing your dresses long after the Fall is gone!
Comment below and let us know if you wear dresses in the winter, what are your favorite ways to wear them?
also shared here