If you follow me on Instagram (and if you don’t you should) you probably already heard about this awesome Kate Spade Giveaway!
Summer is here and what better way to celebrate than with a new bright and cheerful KateSpade giveaway?! I’ve teamed up with a group of great bloggers & shops to bring one lucky winner an amazing new Kate Spade bag, wallet, and beautiful journal. Interested? Simply follow the instructions below to enter
1. Follow me (TheFancyFrancy
) & all the 11 other bloggers in the loop. All entries will be verified!
2. Like the photo on each blogger & shops page (including mine)
3. Click on the photo and go to the profile of the person tagged, continue this until you get back to mine!
4. For an extra entry, tag 3 friends in the comments of the original picture you liked.
This giveaway will be running from Monday 6/22 @ 7:00pm EST until Wednesday 6/24 @ 9:00pm EST.
The winner will be announced on each photo within 24hrs of the giveaway ending.
A smokey eye. Sexy, flirty, fun, and definitely the center of attention. A smokey eye can be difficult if you make it to be, but with the right application techniques and hints, you’ll be the one smoking with all eyes all on you! This is my go to smokey eye look and here are a few tips to get you on the road to smokey success! (more…)
If I ever needed a reason to go out and buy more makeup, creating a few fun new looks for the summer season is definitely a good one! Summer colors are so much fun to have in your makeup bag and it only takes a few products to create the perfect summer look. So, here are a few quick tips on how to update your makeup bag for the summer season.
- Invest in the SPF: I will always, always, always recommend using products with SPF in them, especially in the summer. My first pick for updating your summer look would be a BB cream with SPF in it. BB creams are much lighter than other types of foundation and have many other benefits including essential anti-oxidants and helping to keep skin healthy and beautiful. If you’re going out and buying your first BB cream ever, I recommend the Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, for only $34. This product provides great coverage in the summer without feeling too heavy. Most days I will only need to use this product and some lipstick and I’m ready for the day. Definitely a great product to start your summer season update.
- Get Glowing: To achieve the most incredible summer glow I have a few product ideas that are sure to be crowd pleasers this season. The first is the Hoola Bronzing Powder by Benefit for only $26. Lately, I have been having a fantastic obsession with Benefit products and their Hoola bronzer is easily the best bronzer I have tried in a very long time. This product adds just the perfect amount of color to your cheeks and great for someone who is just learning how to contour.
- Pretty in Pink Cheeks: Summer is the season when I really love to experiment with my blushes and liven up my cheeks. Whenever I use the Crush on Blush Palette by Smashbox I get so many compliments because this palette is summer perfection. The colors are perfect for someone like me who loves to switch up their look a lot. This palette includes gorgeous orange and coral colors that really enhance your bronzer. This product is a must-have at only $45, but it is a limited edition so head to the store fast and pick one up before they are gone!
- Alluring Lips: To get the perfect lip to finish off any look is totally simple this summer. Head over to your local drugstore and pick up any of the Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks. These shades are made to last through dinner, drinks and days at the beach without feathering or smearing out. Although all these colors are amazing, for your new summer look I recommend trying either Gladiolus or Marigold for only $8 a tube. Crazy, I know.
With these easy additions to your summer makeup routine you are sure to impress all season long. Let us know if you liked these products by leaving a comment below! Have a great summer!
Image Sources: 1/2/3/4
The shift dress is a great look for spring and summer because it’s easy to wear and super versatile. Shift dresses look great on all body types and can be styled to fit any signature look. Pair it with a belt around the waist to accentuate your figure or let it hang loose for a easy breezy style. You can wear a shift dress for almost any occasion this season by finding the right fit and accessories. Keep reading to see three ways to go from work to weekend weddings and everything in between with this casual yet chic closet staple.
For Weekends: If you’re anything like me than you probably love to live in dresses during the warmer months. One of the most classic dress silhouettes is the shift dress. Opt for a shift dress in a fun print to wear out to weekend brunches and even a casual date night. One of my favorite weekend shift dresses is this one from Eliza J that I found at Nordstrom.
For Weddings: A shift dress is a perfect option for (more…)
As a lover of all things DIY and lip products, I decided to tackle the idea of making my own tinted lip balm at home! After doing some research I found that I could be saving myself over $30 by taking a few minutes and creating my own lip products. This is one of the simplest (and most fun!) DIY projects I have done so here are my tips for creating your own signature shade of tinted lip balm at home!
What you will need:
- Microwave safe bowl
- Petroleum jelly
- Your choice of food coloring
- A small container for your finished product
Mascara. It’s the number one game changer in your makeup look. A made up face is just not complete with short, sparse, dull eyelashes, is it? A great mascara volumizes, lengthens, and curls your lashes so as a self proclaimed mascara
freak queen, here are my top 5 best drugstore mascara’s in no particular order. (more…)
Okay let’s be real for a moment, how many of us really know the difference between all the types of facial cleansers? Foaming or liquid? Sensitive or dry skin? I can admit that I definitely had no clue! For the longest time I use to just grab whatever product looked good or had the best reviews
. It wasn’t until just recently that I learned from a skin care expert the best facial cleanser for each skin type. Below are some general tips by skin type to help you, asses your skin type first, then consider what type of cleanser is best for your skin type.
Oily Skin: Oily skin needs an oil-free cleansers formulated to help reduce the oil created through the skin’s sebum overtime. Recommend Cleanser Type: Exfoliating
Dry Skin: Dry skin needs a cleanser that will not only deeply remove dirt from the skin’s pores, but provide instant hydration. Recommend Cleanser Type: Cream/ Oil.
Combination: Combination skin is a mix of dry and oily prone skin so a general cleanser will work well for combination skin. Recommend Cleanser Type: Liquid/Gel
Sensitive: Sensitive skin requires a gentle facial cleanser, one with no alcohol, no harsh ingredients or additives like fragrance. Mild cleansers deliver the most nourishing benefit to skin. Recommend Cleanser Type: Foaming.
It may seem like every week there is a new nail trend to try, from naked manicures
to DIY designs
. One trend that’s been going pretty strong for a while though is Matte Nail Polish. Okay so you’re probably use to me talking about mattifying products for my face
, and yes the obsession has also found it’s way to my nails.
Matte – adjective; of a color, paint, or surface) dull and flat, without a shine.
Okay so from the definition that might not sound to hot, but trust me matte nail polish is actually pretty cool (you saw what I did there ;), corny I know). But seriously, matte nails are a great way to switch up your nail polish look for spring and summer. Zoya even came out with a line of satin matte nail polish
(think matte but even more fancy) in pretty pastels for the season. These are actually some of my favs because they’re a blend between a matte nail polish and a traditional polish.
Not sure if you want to fully commit to this trend? You can actually make any of your regular nail polishes look like a matte nail polish by using a mattifying top coat. Try this matte top coat from Essie
or this one from elf
Image Sources: Fancy.com and Beautylish.com