Stila has been really getting it right lately, especially with their new Aqua Glow Watercolor Blushes that will be forever in my makeup bag. To say I’m excited about these new blushes would be the understatement of the decade and I’m thrilled to share my thoughts about this fun new product.
The time has finally (seriously though, finally!) come to break out the bikinis and flip flops because summer has officially arrived. With all this sunshine and happiness going around, it’s time to spread a little happy to your bedroom. Giving your room a little summer makeover is always a good idea! We’re not talking complete overall, just a few easy tips to make your room feel a little more sunny.
1. First things first, you have to de-clutter. Go through all of your shelves, dressers and maybe even your closet and get rid of the things that are hiding in those nooks and crannies. Toss what you don’t need and pack away things that you will be saving for those rainy days. Another great tip is to use this time to dust and really clean anything you haven’t done for a while.
2. Now for the fun part, decorating! A very easy way to brighten up your room for the summer is to add a new set of brightly colored curtains. Choose a curtain that has sheer fabric and isn’t too heavy, and pick a fun color or pattern. These easy breezy add-ons can be easily found at Target or Bed Bath and Beyond.
3. Another fun way to give your bedroom new life this summer is to get rid of those heavy quilts and duvets and get yourself a new comforter. It’s amazing just how much this one piece changes a room. In addition to your new comforter, get some small throw pillows that match your new curtains. These little gems will help tie your entire room together! And, again, just head over to Target or Bed Bath and Beyond to find exactly what you’re looking for.
4. My last tip is to go out and buy your favorite flowers and put them in your room. Fresh flowers are sure to bring the happy! Keep your windows open and let the sun shine on your fabulous new room all summer long!
Let us know how these ideas worked for you by leaving a comment below. Hopefully, you will be enjoying your fresher and brighter room all season long. Happy summer!
Image Source: 1
Thank you to everyone who entered the giveaway. A winner has been randomly chosen and contacted. Please be on the look out for the next giveway coming later this month!
Summer is almost here (although it doesn’t feel like it in New York) so why not start it off right will a fresh new manicure. But who needs a nail salon when you can achieve amazing nails at home and save your money for that bikini you have been eyeing all season long! I have found some super simple nail designs that even beginners can rock this summer season, so grab some polish and get started!
Rainbow Spotted Nails:
This nail design looks very detailed and intricate but you can achieve this look in under 20 minutes if you can keep a steady hand! Simply begin by applying a coat (or two! Whichever you prefer!) of white nail polish and allow a few minutes to fully dry. Then line up your favorite bright, summery colors and grab a few toothpicks. Gently dip the toothpick into your bright colors and apply small dots of color throughout your nail. Continue creating dots until you have achieved your desired look. Allow the dots to dry completely and top it off with a little clear coat and you’re all set! Summer nail perfection! (more…)
Overall I’ve had a ton of fun forcing myself to try “new” products outside of my normal go-tos. Comment below and let me know if you’ve tried any of these products? What were your May Beauty Favorites?
Now that the warm weather is finally here it’s time to start
complaining managing the effects of the heat. For me my number one concern during the warmer months is keeping shine and sweat at bay (okay that’s technically two things but they go hand and hand). I’ve tried countless shine reducing products in the past, and continue to test out new ones. Think of me as the Indiana Jones of mattifying products. The trick to staying matte is to “layer up” with your products so I like to use multiple oil control products at once. I have a great oil control lotion from Murad that I’m currently using, but I’m still on the hunt for my perfect mattifying primer.
Recently while cruising the aisles at Sephora (pretty much my only hobby), I was chit chatting with one of the makeup artist and got to discussing primers. She insisted that the best mattifying one currently in the biz was the Givenchy Mister Mat. Never one to turn down a free sample, I took it home and tested it. After a week of meticulously stretching the tiny sample, I went back and purchased the full size product.
Product: The Mister Mat primer is suppose to be light weight and breathable while still mattifying the face; I can say that it definitely delivered in those areas. My favorite thing about the Mister Mat primer is the fact that it came up completely clear on my skin without leaving a “film” or “ashy look” like some other primers have tried in the past.
Overall Rating: (more…)
It’s summer time and you know what that means…fun, bright, nail colors! Whether you show these colors off at a summer patio BBQ, your cousin’s wedding, or a sandy beach in the Caribbean, you’re sure to earn compliments many with these 5 phenomenal nail polishes.
There is nothing more frustrating than waking up to find that your under eyes have been very unforgiving. Of course, everyone wants to wake up and look impossibly fresh, concealing the fact that you only had about two hours of sleep. (Finals and the best night ever with friends will do that to you!) Concealing those pesky circles and discoloration under your eyes can be a pain, but there are some simple tips that make this process so much simpler.
- The first trick that I absolutely swear by is using a frozen spoon to shrink any puffiness under your eyes. It is a simple part of my morning routine and all I do is quickly throw a spoon into the freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes and then apply the back of it to the circles under my eyes. Leave the spoon there until it is no longer cold to the touch and the puffiness will drastically go down.
- Next is applying your concealer. Choosing the right concealer and knowing your skin is very important for achieving a natural look. You want to choose a light cream concealer and stay away from products that would dry out your skin. A perfect product to try without break the bank is the Fit Me Concealer by Maybelline. This product is very light and a perfect jumping off point for concealer beginners. Already a concealing pro? Try the MAC Mineralize Concealer for a clean and fresh look.
- Setting your product is another important step in achieving your impossibly fresh look. Simply set your concealer using a small amount of translucent powder and you’re ready to take on your day!
These simple steps are easy enough to add to your everyday routine and create a flawless face. Let us know in the comments below how these products and tips worked for you!
Image Source: 1
Experimenting with nail designs and polish finishes can be fun. But sometimes we’re just in the mood for a good old fashion bare nail. Such was the case recently during Greg Lauren’s AW15 NYFW show. Greg wanted each models’ manicure to look like “the best version of their own natural nails.” Normally that would mean bare but why be bare when you can go naked! He loved the look of a perfected nail with a closest to natural satin finish so he enlisted the help of Zoya lead nail technician, Cinnamon Bowser to help create a “Naked mani”.
Prep the nail by shaping, gently buffing and cleaning up cuticles. To give a smooth finish, apply two layers of Naked Manicure Blush Perfector™ followed by one coat along the natural white tip to brighten and correct the free edge. Then, use the Satin Seal Top Coat™ to blend the layers to finalize the look with a soft satin finish.The end result is a clean bare, yet still finished looking nail!
Comment below and let me know if you plan to try this trend?!
*Credit Zoya Nails
Previous 1 … 3 4 5 6 7 … 53 Next